18. February 2015
GISconnector for Excel – the beginning of a beautiful friendship between ArcGIS and Excel
The GISconnector transforms ArcGIS and Excel into an ingenious overall system: The power of Excel is available in ArcGIS and vice versa – ArcGIS and Excel turn into an integrated working environment. This unique combination enables a smooth transfer of data and functions between the two programs – this works without an editing session.
The GISconnector for Excel software completely revolutionizes the way you work with ArcGIS – a giant step towards time saving and error minimization.
One software – many ingenious functions!
How does the GISconnector for Excel work? The GISconnector for Excel consists of one add-in for ArcGIS Desktop and a second one for Microsoft Excel. Both add-ins communicate with each other and enable the following functions:
Bidirectional connection between feature classes/standalone-tables and Excel tables with data transfer:
Connect your ArcGIS and Excel data:
- by connecting Excel data with an existing ArcGIS feature class or standalone table
- by exporting Excel data to a new ArcGIS standalone table or
- by connecting ArcGIS data to existing Excel data or
- by exporting ArcGIS data to a new or to an existing Excel table
- Transmit data changes between attribute tables and Excel tables without an editing session
- Transmit changes in columns between attribute tables and Excel tables without an editing session
- Configure the data connection for each transfer direction separately
Transfer of selections and definition queries from ArcGIS to Excel
- Select objects in ArcGIS and transmit the selection to Excel
- Select objects in ArcGIS and transmit the selection as a filter to Excel
- Transmit a layer’s definition query to Excel as a filter
Transfer of selections and filters from Excel to ArcGIS
- Select data in Excel and transmit the selection to ArcGIS
- Transmit an Excel filter to ArcGIS as a definition query or as a selection
More information about GISconnector for Excel can be found here: www.gisconnector.com
Request your free Trial version!