27. October 2015
The geospatial media industry is really negligible. Some blogs here, some magazines there. Luckily their authors are very hard-working. This article will introduce a magazine called “Geospatial World” (formerly known as GIS Development magazine).
Since 1997 the magazine investigates geo-related topics and writes about present viewpoints of experts, worldnews, case studies, reviews, upcoming technologies and more.
Latest title stories from 2015:
– Food Security
– National Mapping Agencies
– Mining and Safety Management
– Smart Data for Smart Cities
– Convergence – Intergration of Technologies
– Powering Up Grid 2.0 – Special focus on Electric Utilities and GIS
– The Google Geo Business Mantra
– Readers’ Survey
– Annual Edition
Here you get the overview for years in the past.
The latest volumes are structured in different sections, which empowers its readability and clarity.
– news (sometimes separated in world regions)
– cover story
In fact Geospatial World magazines contain a lot of advertisement but nevertheless its worth reading, because you get a lot of topical news and expertise.
What’s your favorite geospatial magazine?