17. November 2013
FOSSGIS conference 2014
Hi folks. Today I received a mail: “The FOSSGIS-conference is the largest German-language conference for Free and Open Source Software for GIS and Free Geodata hosting about 400 participants.” You can submit papers/abstracts till the 30th of November. So if you have any ideas on the usage of open geodata or you have stunning ideas on GI-systems use Pentabarf to register and submit your talk.
Furthermore four members of FOSSGIS are working on a book with the title “OpenStreetMap in GIScience: experiences, research, applications”. Check the following topics:
- State-of-the-art and cutting-edge approaches for data quality analysis and data fusion techniques in OpenStreetMap and other Volunteered Geographic Information sources,
- Investigations on understanding OpenStreetMap contributors and the nature of their contributions,
- Identification of patterns of contributions and contributors in OpenStreetMap,
- Desktop, online, and mobile applications of OpenStreetMap in different domains (e.g. 3D, routing, traffic, disaster management, health, crime, history, ecology, etc.),
- Mining value-added knowledge and information from OpenStreetMap,
- Limitations and possibilities in the analysis of OpenStreetMap data,
- Integration of OpenStreetMap with commercial and non-commercial geodatasets,
- Emergence and evolution of OpenStreetMap across the world,
- OpenStreetMap’s contribution to GIScience
Here are more details:
Submission and Important Dates
All chapter proposals will be evaluated by a committee of experts before author(s) are being invited to submit their full book chapters. Chapters must not have been published elsewhere. Unpublished conference presentations and extended conference works are acceptable. Published conference presentations (e.g., in a proceedings volume) may be acceptable if the full copyright can be transferred.
Submission procedure for chapter proposals (abstracts):
Length: 1-2 pages
Format: Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF
Figures/Tables: Must be legible (<300 dpi are accepted at this stage)
January 31, 2014: Chapter proposal submission deadline
February 28, 2014: Notification of chapter acceptance/rejection and invitation to submit full chapters
May 30, 2014: Final chapter submission deadline
July 30, 2014: Acceptance/rejection notification sent to author(s)
September 30, 2014: Final revised chapter submission deadline
December, 2014: Expected publication of book
Submissions must include the author’s names, affiliation, mailing address, and e-mail address. In the case of multiple authors, all names, addresses, etc., must accompany the submission and a corresponding author should be identified.
If submitting a published conference presentation (e.g., one that has already appeared in a proceedings volume), the author(s) must provide proof that the article’s full copyright can be transferred. Submissions must be sent as an e-mail attachment to Jamal Jokar Arsanjani using the e-mail address listed above.
Notification regarding the status of each proposal will be sent by February 28, 2014 to all those who submitted a chapter proposal. At that time, authors whose chapter proposals have been accepted will also be e-mailed guidelines regarding full book chapter preparation.
The full book chapter deadline is May 30, 2014. Following receipt, full chapters will be sent out for double-blind review. The Editors will make the final decision regarding final acceptance of each book chapter. All chapters with revision requests (if necessary) need to be completed by September 30, 2014.
Inquiries should be directed to
Dr. Jamal Jokar Arsanjani
GIScience, Institute of Geography
University of Heidelberg
Berliner Straße 48
D-69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel.: +49(0)6221 / 54 5572
Fax: +49(0)6221 / 54 4529