1. November 2015
EGEA brings together young geographers in an atmosphere of respect, inclusion and personal development. This inspires global understanding of environmental and social processes and enables us to bring about a positive impact on society.
Due to the vast diversity of topics in Geography, Geographical Informational Systems have become a valuable tool for us. Whether it is related to university studies, research or places of work, many EGEAns have a very high interest in GIS, for new innovations in both industry and academia.
Thanks to our partnership with Esri our members can benefit from a one year license of ArcGIS as part of their membership. Moreover, we have a general practice that each of our most important events offers at least one GIS workshop. These can be hosted by Esri representatives or EGEAns who have a sound theoretical and practical knowledge of GIS.
But besides offering this “Gimmick” to our member we also have other missions:
- offer learning opportunities through non-formal education all over Europe.
- to connect people around Europe so they can live our vision
- offer international cooperation and intercultural dialogue
- support people to help them grow as a person and backup their resume.
- we want to become the voice for geographers.
ValuesWe define ourselves as a dynamic network with local groups, officially called “entities”, which represent the foundation of our association and also our values.
- EGEA is based on Friendship. Our members belong to one family.
- We live respect for other cultures. We create intercultural environments and empower mutual understanding.
- We encourage curiosity. It is our main drive to explore and discover the diversity of Europe.
- We spread inspiration. Our European family encourages young people to step up and take ownership of the future.
- We believe in personal development. EGEA is offering a supportive, intercultural environment for young people to experience personal growth.
To conclude, as we generally say: “Experience Geography and Explore Europe!”
The membership is for free. Just register with on the EGEA website. If you have any questions, simply write them a mail.